Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Massachusetts and My 25th Birthday 5/4/13 - 5/11/13 (Day 4)




Day 4 - 5/7/13:



We woke up at 8:45am today and I had to pee SO BADLY! Usually, I don't wait for a restroom when I have to pee but there was nowhere around us for me to get out of plain sight so we went down the street to McDonald's.

At McDonald's, we peed, washed up, changed clothes, and ordered breakfast, including something we'd never tried or seen at a McDonald's before (though it's possible we just didn't notice them at some earlier ones we'd visited): a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich! Aside from it's price of $3.69, it was pretty good. Could've been better with cream cheese but still tasty. :)

#########
Then it was back to Bunker Hill to climb the monument! It was 294 steps to the top and I'm not gonna lie I was a little out of breath by the time we made it up. There were 4 windows to look out from there and the view was much more extensive than I thought it would be when looking up at the monument from ground level.
Start of the 294 Bunker Hill Monument stairs:
#########
View from the Bunker Hill Monument:
#########


Back on the ground, we laid in the grass and took a little time to empty the pics and vids from our phones to my HP mini laptop. Sean took his shirt off to sunbathe and I noticed he had glitter all over his chest. Wtf and he explained it was the blonde hairs on his body catching the sun. LMFAO TWILIGHT!

We did the Bunker Hill Museum across the street after that.

######### ######### #########

Then we moved the car since everywhere we could find to park had a 2hr maximum time limit. It was time to do the Freedom Trail!

Just after re-parking, we saw a guy come out of his house walking SIX dogs on leashes! Sean says he's a dog walker and that people actually pay for that service but I'd never seen it before!

#########
On the Freedom Trail, the first really interesting place we passed was an old graveyard called Copp's Hill Burying Ground.
Freedom Trail sign:
#########
This red line runs the course of the Freedom Trail making it easy to find and follow the trail from start to finish.:
#########
One view of Copp's Hill Burying Ground:
#########
Note: 2 more differences I noticed between Vegas and here are that Boston and surrounding areas have basements in a lot of their buildings as well as a significant amount of ivy growing on some of them.

The Old North Church was next on the trail and just down the street.
Inside the Old North Church:
#########
We were thirsty so we stopped in a convenience store and got some Coca-Cola product called Tab soda in a pink can. It tasted just like regular Coke to me. Sean said he'd had it when he was a kid but not in a pink can and it didn't taste like he remembered.

#########
Just around the corner was the Paul Revere House. Admission was only $3.50 per person but they didn't allow photos to be taken inside and we were a little short on time anyway so we just got pics of the outside and continued on.

######### #########
Note: Pedestrians don't care about crosswalks or traffic lights in Boston. Everyone just j-walks whenever the road's clear.

We skipped a few of the attractions on the Freedom Trail but overall I think we covered the most interesting of them.

We even detoured just a bit and saw the New England Holocaust Memorial in Carmen Park.
Holocaust Memorial:
#########
Back on the trail we came back to Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market where we took pics, looked around the Great Hall, walked around the various gift and souvenir shops, and walked down the long walkway of food stalls in Quincy Market getting free samples of various things including clam chowder with bread!
Faneuil Hall:
#########
Inside the Great Hall:
#########
Center of Quincy Market:
#########
Outside, we saw a cute horse and carriage! I wanted a ride but maybe another time.. Then we got 4 juicy pears at the outdoor market there for $1 total!

#########
A few minutes later, we reached the Old State House Museum and the Boston Massacre Site. The museum was closed but the gift shop inside was open so we looked around briefly.
The Old State House:
#########
Site of the Boston Massacre:
#########
Down the street, we found another b.good restaurant where we thought we'd check if we could get free fries. I scanned some code they sent me when I put my email into their app and they told me I could have any burger I wanted for free for my bday! I let the cashier pick and he picked me the Cousin Oliver with cheese ($7.04 value). It was so fresh and delicious!

#########
We got a drink and a bag of French Onion Sun Crisps at the 7 Eleven next to the Old South Meeting House.

Next to the 7 Eleven, there was a place called David's Tea and we noticed a sign outside saying they were giving away free large teas today, May 7th. We went in and got 2 free iced teas and they gave us a couple packets of ground up tea leaves and bags so we could make tea at home later! I love free stuff.
Various teas inside David's Tea:
#########
It was nearly 6:30pm and we'd seen all the things we'd really wanted on the Freedom Trail so we walked back to the car and headed to Harvard - the university I'd planned to attend from the time I was 6 years old until I graduated high school and realized I actually had no idea what I wanted from life but that whatever it was not at Harvard at that time. After looking around the campus, however, my crimson spirit was revived! Sean and I decided we'd be back one day to at least take a couple of classes and say we'd had the true Harvard experience.
Sean and me with the John Harvard statue in Harvard Yard:
#########
Sever Hall on campus at Harvard University:
#########
While on campus, we put some of our advertisements for my CandyMountainCrafts.com and Sean's web development up on various notice boards. We'd actually been putting flyers up all over town during our adventures this trip. Hopefully it'll pay off!

On the way back, we stopped in a shop to get Sean some gummy candies (he's such a kid!), passed the World's Only Curious George Store in Harvard Square, and walked through John F. Kennedy Memorial Park.
World's Only Curious George Store:
#########
We were very hungry and only had one more major Boston stop left on the to-do list: Hard Rock Cafe. We drove there to check out the NKOTB stuff on the wall - the dolls, the signed picture of them when they were young next to Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg's signed photo, and Jonathan's Hangin' Tough Live tour jacket. To satisfy our hunger, we ordered chicken fingers with classic rock and heavy metal (tasted like buffalo) sauce on potato chips with blue cheese for $10.50 total. Not bad! We'd ordered our food at the Black Sabbath table, which was pretty cool, but we moved it to one of the New Kids' tables to eat since NKOTB was part of the reason we were in Boston! Then we took about a billion pics of the New Kids' stuff, other awesome artists' stuff, and the rest of the restaurant and asked our waitress for some Hard Rock Cafe cocktail picks and stir sticks to take home as souvenirs because they looked cool. She and the bartender gave us a bunch of them and told me happy birthday as we headed out and they closed for the night.
The front of the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston:
#########
NKOTB dolls and me in the Hard Rock Cafe!:
#########
Me with Jonathan Knight's Hangin' Tough Live tour jacket:
#########
Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg's display on the wall with NKOTB's:
#########
Then it was OFFICIALLY my birthday!! Sean was the first to wish me happy bday in person and I got some bday hugs, kisses, and dances out of it too! :D

We were tired but to celebrate a little before sleeping, we walked a couple of blocks down to the Boston Harbor's Long Wharf North, walked out on the dock there where it meets the water, looked back at the city, checked out a few little sights we stumbled across, made it back to the car, and finally drove to the spot we'd slept the night before, had car sex that felt so good and made me cum so hard, and cuddled up for more sleep!! ^_^
Inside of a beautiful building we passed on the way back to the car:
#########


No comments:

Post a Comment