Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Massachusetts and My 25th Birthday 5/4/13 - 5/11/13 (Day 3)




Day 3 - 5/6/13:



In the morning, Sean and I got up at 10:30am. Charles had gotten called into work at Walgreens early so he was getting ready as we were getting up. I wanted to thank him for his hospitality so I sent a sexy, naked Sean into his room! Sean added his extra little touch by giving Charles a big rape hug. XD Charles had to leave shortly after that but at least he got to go with a smile!

Finally, Sean and I showered! It was the first shower of our trip and omg it felt amazing. Sean looked super sexy, all naked and wet too. It was so tough not to pounce on him!

Once Sean and I were dressed, we hung out with Ben and the dogs on the house's balcony for a few mins and then went downstairs to see their ITG2 dedicab (aka the Legocity dedi, given its name because of the MANY intricate Lego models done up and on display near it). It wasn't currently working but Ben said it'd be fixed in the near future and it looked awesome regardless-everything still intact and in almost new condition. I think Sean and I will be back to play on it one of these days!

Ellen's adorable dogs:
#########
Ellen's ITG2 machine aka the Legocity Dedi!:
#########
Ellen's awesome house:
#########
We finally said our goodbyes and took off in search of food but on the way we saw a "recreation area" with a HUGE hillside apparently used for sledding when there's snow. Being us, we couldn't resist rolling down it. Sean went 1st but realized there were so many random sticks and sharp objects sticking out of it.. It just wasn't worth the injuries. I was determined to roll down though, probably due to a combination of my poor judgement and stubbornness. The hill was so big and steep it used almost all my energy to get up it. Almost immediately after starting to roll, I felt all the sticks piercing my skin. Ouch! Still, it wasn't til I finally reached the bottom a couple minutes later that I really started to feel the itching and stinging of it all. My body was scratched and cut up all over and felt like it was on fire! The worst part was pulling all the sticks and splinters out after and over the next week. Worst idea ever!

Crazy ass hill:
##################

Back on track, Sean and I made it to a McDonald's a few minutes away and washed our cuts and scrapes off in the restrooms. I finally, got myself together enough and we ordered some food and beverages.

Note: This McDonald's had bbq sauce and sweet & sour on tap (in those self-pump things with the small, white sauce cups)! Never seen that before.

Our next stop was the Savers we'd passed the night before! We made a quick run in to get a blanket for the car so we wouldn't freeze our tits off when snoozing overnight. We found our blanket for the low price of $3 and I managed to score a new tank top and pair of shorts for $5 more! Pretty sweet deal.

It was back to Boston after that, destination being the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum! We'd paid for it in advance to save $5 ($45 for 2 people instead of $50 if you book online). It was a guided role play-style guided tour and the tours were only every half hour so while waiting for the next time slot we explored the large, awesome gift shop there. It seemed to have just about everything, including awesome sales, and Sean and I looked at all of it and bought the best of it! Sean got a really cool black t-shirt with the museum name on it for $12, I got the cutest bear ever for $10, and we got 5 postcards for $0.30 each and 3 shot glasses for $2.50 each for friends, family, and ourselves! Our tour started immediately after we finished our shop. During a lot of the museum and ships tour, we weren't allowed to take photos. I managed to capture a few here and there, of course, including one of the Robinson Half Chest. The tour was highly entertaining and really fun. Sean and I learned a lot about the Tea Party without it feeling like work at all. It was better than a movie! The tour ended at their tea room, Abigail's, where they offered various pastries, tea-related souvenirs, and tea tasting. At a price of $2 for unlimited tea tasting (5 flavors, including 2 from Boston Tea Party times) or $5 for the same but with an awesome souvenir mug, Sean and I were happy to sit down for drinks! We got one $2 and one $5 deal so we had a mug to take home but could both sample all the teas. Of the 5, the Young Hyson Green Tea was indisputably Sean's and my favorite as well as a favorite of both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Sean and I were so full after all the tea! We shared cups of each of the 5 flavors, 2 of which were chilled and 3 hot. We had way too much fun with it all! Honestly, the whole experience was really great. The tour was one of the best, most fun guided tours around and totally worth the price. The best parts of the whole experience for me were throwing tea in the ocean, the tea sampling, and my awesome new bear!

Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum:
#########
Huzzah! Pic of Sean and me with our tour guides and my new bear!:
#########
Robinson Half Chest (had to sneak this pic):
#########
The 5 tea tasting flavors in Abigail's Tea Room:
#########

We decided to explore on foot for the rest of the night! The first significant spot we came across was Boston's very own Chinatown! Like New York's and San Francisco's chinatowns, we found lots of asian restaurants (including some with cooked duck on display in their windows), tables with merchandise (and baby turtles!) for sale set up on the sidewalk, boba/bubble tea, and the unforgettable fishy smell. It was cool though! Pretty neat little area, especially if you're looking for something or somewhere out of the ordinary to eat.

A few minutes walk from there, we stopped in a convenience store and picked up some ketchup chips, salt and vinegar chips, and an Oh Henry! candy bar. I'd never had an Oh Henry! or ketchup chips before but they were pretty good!

Just down the road was Boston Common and Boston Public Garden. We didn't go in but while walking by we saw the swan boats everyone had been talking about. We also took a minute to feed some of our chips to a squirrel we'd encountered. The squirrel was so tame!
Feeding the squirrel some chips:

Not sure what it all meant but a bit down the road we saw some prayer ribbons in front of a church.

#########
Note: Boston has convenient Hubway rental bike stations around the city just like London's Barclay bikes! Makes it easy for people to get around relatively quickly without dealing with parking and driving in the city. It can still be a bit pricey though.

#########
Before we knew it, we were at the Boston Marathon finish line and bombing memorial locations. There were several news vans and a few police officers around, so many words of prayer and encouragement to stay strong, and so many things left in honor of those who died and were wounded. Sean and I left a few words for Boston and it's runners (especially Joey McIntyre from NKOTB!) as well. This is, of course, assuming it's not all a hoax as so many people are now reporting). We're thinking about doing the race next year depending on our schedule. Maybe we'll see Joey!
Boston Marathon finish line:
#########
Bombing memorial:
######### #########
From us! (You NKOTB fans should get this):
#########

We passed a candy shop a minute's walk later and had a look inside where we found all different types of delicious yet expensive Haribo gummies and an enormous 30lb gummy python!

#########
We really had to pee by this point so we asked someone inside Dunkin Donuts where the nearest public restroom was and he recommended the Lenox Hotel across the street. That place was BEAUTIFUL and so fancy inside! Even the restrooms were extremely posh with full length doors on the stalls, a sink in the handicap stall, and seemingly infinite white washcloths in neat rolls on the counter. Crazy! I couldn't resist permanently borrowing a few of those nice washcloths for Sean and me!
Sean enjoying a seat in the lobby of the Lenox Hotel:
#########
My mom had asked me for pics of The First Church of Christ, Scientist aka The Mother Church. It wasn't far from where we were so we headed that way with our camera phones!

Went thru Prudential Center on our way. Passing through the food court, we noticed a Ben and Jerry's. I had a birthday coupon for Ben and Jerry's but it was only supposed to be valid at a particular location back home in Vegas. Luckily, the employee at this one was super nice and let me use it anyway! He gave me my free birthday scoop in a cup and threw in a free waffle cone to go with it too! =D
Free birthday scoop!:
#########
The church was closed when we got there but Sean and I managed to get a bunch of pics of the outside of it and the reflecting pool next to it for my mom. The church was not only huge but also gorgeous! The reflecting pool seemed like a big waste of space to me but it looked really awesome as well.
Reflecting pool in the Christian Science Plaza:
#########
The First Church of Christ, Scientist :
#########
I'm sure we'd passed a couple of these by the time I realized what they were but when I saw an enclosed, pay-for-use restroom called a "public toilet" while walking back towards the car I was like O_o.. I can't recall ever seeing that elsewhere, though Sean says London has some. I remember seeing the urinal-type things when I was there but never a fully enclosed restroom!
Public Toilet? Why aren't these everywhere?:
#########
We walked back to the car, passing the various sights we'd seen earlier as well as some new ones that we either hadn't seen or hadn't noticed before like the Old South Meeting House and Faneuil Hall. Both were closed for the night but we had to return to the area later in the week to walk the Freedom Trail and visit the Hard Rock Cafe (which we also walked by) to see the NKOTB stuff in there anyway.
The Old South Meeting House:
#########
Back at the car finally, we were exhausted from the long day and all the walking we'd done throughout it so we found a place to park, cuddled up under our new Savers blanket, and went to sleep.

Note: Boston has sections with hills that have parallel parking on them resembling those in San Francisco. I'd hate to drive a manual transmission car here! Also, the cars seem to be much smaller here than in Vegas. There are way fewer trucks and SUVs, probably because parking is so hard to find anywhere here.

Note: There are A LOT of Dunkin Donuts locations here!

Note: A lot of places here including, 7 Eleven, McDonald's, and Wendy's, serve cheap iced coffee! At McDonald's, you can get a medium for $1 or large for $1.59. At Wendy's, you can get any size for $1 and I think it's the same at 7 Eleven. So good!

Note: Danny texted me from Vegas and told me our cat Teddy just had kittens! Wtf We weren't even sure she was pregnant.



No comments:

Post a Comment