Sunday, October 11, 2020

Cowboy Trails for the Army Ten Miler Virtual Race 10/11/20

I won a free entry to the Army Ten Miler virtual race! I wasn't about to go out and run ten miles on my own today though, so I summoned Sean and we went out to earn that finisher's medal together.

The race started today and could've been completed any time within the next week. We both woke up pretty exhausted today, but it wouldn't have seemed much like a real race if we just did it whenever we felt like it, so we found a hard trail from the horse riding place in the Red Rock area and started up.

I think the trail (or combination of trails?) was called Cowboy Trails and the pinnacle was a breathtaking view of Vegas in the distance from a flag (technically wind sock)-topped summit with a nearby picnic area complete with astroturf. On the trail and in the area, we spotted gypsum, a baby bearded dragon, lots of lizards and chipmunks, wild ass (roughly a dozen donkeys), and all the horses at the horse riding place near the car.

Huge thank you to Sean for taking me out and sticking with my slow ass for three long hours. ❤ We definitely both deserve a medal now. 🏅😄

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/9SlCmTZOvab


No comments:

Post a Comment