Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Wells Trailhead, Bae5cience Qualifiers, & Sapporo Revolving Sushi with Friends 4/30/19

Sean and I wanted to get away from technology a bit today so we scooped the dogs up and went for a drive. We drove somewhat aimlessly in the direction of Lake Las Vegas and found a trailhead with parking just off the road. It was called Wells Trailhead. Not sure what to expect, we found ourselves jogging, walking, hiking, and wading through a river. We crossed a bridge and went up and down undulating terrain on a couple of different trails. Such a nice find!

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/pWSy4oohlW

Back home, we washed the river off of us and then Sean helped me to play a few songs to qualify for this year's Bae5cience female PIU tournament. I hadn't played PIU in ages, still don't have any current plans to get into it, and am not sure I'm even gonna enter the tournament but I like to keep my options open so I had Sean play the doubles songs for me to give me an idea of what to expect and then I flailed around on them myself just to get some crappy qualifying scores I could submit. The doubles songs were for upper division qualification. I think I'm probably right in between upper and lower skill skillwise so we played the lower division songs, which were on singles, together afterward. I figured I'd submit both sets of scores and let it be decided for me.

Our Utah friends Ken and Sherri were here and we were all hungry then so we met them and Julie, the owner of Gemini Arcade when it was open, for dinner at a place in Chinatown that Danny had recommended called Sapporo Revolving Sushi. (Unfortunately, Danny couldn't join us tonight as he had to get sleep for work.) Like my favorite restaurant in the northwestern United States, Sushiland, it was one of those pay-per-plate restaurants where small portions of food come around on a conveyor belt and you grab what you want. They have other food and drink options too (a futuristic, robotic tray that zooms your food over the top of the conveyor belt and right to you, for example) but the conveyor belt is the restaurant's main feature. It's not a new concept, of course, but it's always SO fun! I absolutely love hands-on and interactive meals at restaurants, seeing my food options before I choose, almost instant access to whatever food I want, and being able to sample small portions of lots of various foods at once so it was perfect! We absolutely gorged ourselves while sharing laughs with our friends and catching up and before heading back home and passing out for the night but I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment