Monday, May 6, 2019

DDR Ace - Second Ever Attempt

Sean and I played DDR Ace yesterday! Sean got it working on one of our machines (I won't say which). :) We just quickly played thru the 2 qualifier songs for the S.H.A.R.T. online tournament and the handful of songs for the Valkyrie Dimension ladies' online tournament. (My first time entering a DDR tournament that isn't on Extreme, I believe!) We managed to do all the songs and challenges for both first try. Well, except the Valkyrie AAA bonus challenge that requires AAAing 3 songs in a row. Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen. XD I AAA'd the 1st song before totally screwing up though!

Until trying these tournament songs, I'm pretty sure Sean and I had only ever played 3 songs/one set on Ace. (I never got into playing any DDR after Extreme.) Accordingly, there were a lot of sightreads in this session. Haha For speed mods, I sorta guessed we'd have to read at a little under 600. It wasn't perfect but close enough to get thru everything.

I'm not sharing scores here for reasons but I'll be submitting them to the tournament organizers so anyone with an oddly keen interest in our scores can view them when they get added in for the tournaments mentioned.

Tbh I'm not really convinced by this game as far as it being something I'd like to dig into but I might have a crack at whatever the bare minimum is to get by in the occasional tournament just so I can hang with you guys and be social. :p Don't get me wrong, I lovvvve all dance games and definitely won't knock it for anyone else but it's just not my style personally. I'm not about to come waltzing in as the next big name in the game or anything. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment