Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New Vegas Music Game Arcade: So Good..(plus dance gaming)

A couple of weeks ago, Sean and I went to PSG to meet up with Danny. Nick, Gordon, Avery, Naomi, and a couple of others were there and came later too. Sean and I played a credit on ITG together and then the six of us Team BBC members and Naomi drove a couple of miles to the new arcade in the area: So Good!

So Good Arcade
3455 S Durango Dr Ste 104
(702) 776-8808

It was Sean's, Danny's, and my first time there. The place was small and didn't have many games but the games it had were rare (at least in America), Japanese, new, and in great condition and the people working there were super friendly and helpful! Most of the games in the arcade were music games and two of them were even dance games including one we'd never tried before: Dance Evolution! Unfortunately, that game was out of order at the time but I guess that should give us more of a reason to go back another time! As for the other music games there, they had Project Diva, Jubeat, one we'd never seen before called Maimai, and, most importantly, the newest Dance Dance Revolution (the one that comes after 2013 and now just gets online updates) in a Supernova 2 cab. I think that was all of them, though they did have a couple of non-music games and console game station setups as well. Sean and I played a game of Maimai together just to try it out for the first time and found it to be pretty fun, though not something we'd probably get into as it wasn't a dance game. After that, we traded off on two credits of DDR and I tried and passed my first DDR 19: Paranoia Revolution. (I believe that's what it's called.) The chart was such a mess and so..unpleasant. It was really funny having all of the Vegas portion of Team BBC standing around watching me do such a dumb chart. Well, at least I did it!

Anyway, after checking out So Good, we went back to PSG and Sean and I played a couple of credits together on ITG singles and trading off on doubles. Not sure we're ready to start playing like we used to again but still fun to have the odd credit here and there!

Pics of So Good here:

No comments:

Post a Comment