Monday, January 18, 2021

Meet Oliver and Flipmo — Our Snake Plants

Sean and I caved and got matching snake plants (dracaena trifasciata) for our desks the other day. We picked a couple of $1 pots up for them at the 99 Cent Store. I named mine Oliver after Oliver Queen (aka Green Arrow, the superhero) because he's pointy like an arrowhead and also green. 😝 Sean named his Flipmo because Sean is Sean. Lol

The room Sean works in gets a lot more light than the room I do does, but if we both manage to not kill these plants first, I'm totally going to take mine in for sunny playdates with his from time to time. 😄

Backstory: I've avoided owning plants for years now because Sean and I typically travel too much to care for them. Though I continue hoping that the homeboundedness of this moment will be short-lived, I figured now was at least as good a time as any to start working on my green thumb. I'll worry about care for the plants in our absence when we come to it.

There are quite a few other spots around the house that could stand to have some life breathed into them. While I don't plan to have a house full of only snake plants, I do have a couple of spots in mind and names picked out for two more: I'm hoping to find slightly bigger ones with the right "personality" and name them Jake and Draco after Jake "The Snake" Roberts (the wrestler) and Slytherin's own Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. 🐍 🐍 😂

 

No comments:

Post a Comment